Saturday, August 15, 2009

Yes Overwhelmed

I'm not feeling good about my Yes experiences these last two days. Matter of fact, I didn't even have time to blog yesterday.

Work has taken over my life this week - which sucks. But, as my boss says, this is my superbowl. I've been working for the past year for the next 6 weeks. He also told me not to expect to have a personal life for the next few weeks. Unfortunately, my parents flew in from Kansas this week - and they have been totally and completely ignored. Usually work is pretty easy - but not right now. I had no idea this was coming. I thought I had it all under control - my master planning would pay off! NOT!

Anyway - I have not been saying Yes to my parents - and you cannot believe how bad I feel about that. I have only been saying Yes to work... Because it fills in every crack of my existance.

I'm stressed... Very stressed... More stressed than my normal stress level... Even more stress than my high stress level... I am worried about next week when the kids start school - and my boss is out of town... And the big boss (VP) just tells me when we're having a meeting (5:30pm yesterday - screw the fact that my son has soccer practice.) 8am on Monday - he doesn't give a crap that it's "Meet The Teacher" time... (thankfully something else came on his calendar and he moved it to 10am)... But, this whole thing is killing me.

I'm figuring out that I only have so many Yeses... Right now - Work gets my yesses. Which doesn't make me feel good.

Music has been my release... Well, music and wine (which isn't as great.)

No comments:

Post a Comment