Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tripoly and Planes

I said "No" today, in order to say "yes" to something more important to me.

My boss came into my office today around 11:15 this morning - minutes before I was to leave to pick up my parents from the airport. He told me that the big boss wanted me in the Bay Area tomorrow so I could get some "face time" with some people in a group that I work with. Going to the Bay Area tomorrow would mean that I would need to leave around 5:30am and not get home until 6:30 or 7pm tomorrow night. Ummm... Note the first sentence - my parents have come into town - they only come to visit about once a year. Not only that - but my son has an eye doctor appointment and I need to do some work (getting the coach fingerprinted and contracts signed for the city) for our local baton class that starts in a few weeks. Additionally - these people he wants me to get face time with - half of them are in Texas this week and I just saw them two weeks ago. So, I said no. It may come back to bite me...

Anyway - awhile ago - I said yes to being the president of my daughter's baton team. We are trying to grow the team with a beginning skills class and I'm making up fliers to send to all the schools. The stars aligned and a printer has agreed to do the printing for free - and just charge me for the paper. We're talking a savings of WELL over $100. WOOT!

Anyway, I also said yes to playing Tripoly (a weird card/betting/pokerish game) with my mom, hubby and the kids. We had a really good time. It was nice to just hang out with them.

I also picked my parents up at the airport - such a strange place.. I love airports (I hate flying, but I love airports.) They are like self-contained citys... :)

We'll see if my saying no gets me in trouble - but, sometimes I have to choose. And I will (almost) ALWAYS choose family.

No comments:

Post a Comment