Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ok, So I Lied

YES - I finished up getting our beginning baton skills class ready. Fingerprints and contracts are all in place for the coach. Yay!

YES - I played tripoly with my family (again)...

YES - I WAS able to work and balance life today. However, tomorrow isn't looking so great.

Saying No yesterday wasn't a big deal. I think it worked out just fine.

YES - I was given a crazy ass deadline of 5pm tomorrow. The work will take approximately a week and I have 24 hours. And my parents are in town and I'm not really working. However, I am now. Yesterday I said that I would ALWAYS choose family? Well, I guess that is not true. Tomorrow I have to go into work in the morning. I have to hit this deadline. There are lots of people and people's jobs riding on what I'm doing at work. So - yes my family is important, but, if I don't do my job and do it well right now - a LOT of people could be out of work (including myself). So, I'm working tomorrow morning. My parents are going to play with my kids. It probably wouldn't matter so much if I was here or not. But, I still have guilt.

Yes sometimes equals guilt, and No sometimes equals guilt. I think that no matter what, guilt may be a working mom's constant companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment